Thursday, January 12, 2012

Excessive Happiness


I searched for a name for this blog. I prayed about it and then I figured it out. Excessive Happiness. When Mikee was born and the world came crashing down on my poor little family we had many, many trying days. One Sunday doctor bad news took me to the side and informed me that our son had a medical condition called Anglemans Syndrome. It would cause deformity and he would be severely disabled. Another side effect of this terrible disease (which he never had by the way, she never even had the test done. Just a very uneducated guess. Not that I'm bitter.) was he would suffer from excessive happiness. He would have no choice but to be happy all the time. And this was a bad thing? This is the way that the world sees happiness, its a bad thing. We love to see people in pain and without hope. I am proud to say that Mikee does suffer from this oh so terrible happiness, and what more its contagious because even though life might not be great for us all the time our whole family has it.

1 comment:

  1. Thats odd she would think of it as a bad thing.. But you are right about the happiness bit. I feel like a lot of people are just looking for something to complain about. Something to hold a grudge against. Luckily I have found JOY in the Lord

    ReplyDelete